Sunday, March 31, 2013

Nail Polish



Nina declares that nail polish should be light or dark and nothing in between. Despite loving many of the colours on offer by Esse, OPI, China Glaze, Zoya and Chanel, I think I have to completely agree with her.

I think that the colour of I’m Not Really A Waitress is beautiful, but do I wear it?

I must be a bit of a slow learner, because it’s taken me this long to realise that just because I love something doesn’t mean I have to own it or that I have to adorn myself with it. It’s certainly nice to do so, but it’s not essential. I can admire another woman’s jewellery without wanting it for myself. I can admire a shade of lipstick or nail polish without needing to own it. 

So, I stick with my Chanel Rouge Noir and Blue Satin, my Zoya Freja and my China Glaze Camisole. And I use them, and they look great, and I am happy with that.

This doesn’t stop me salivating over the newest OPI minis collection, mind, but it does mean that all I have to do is wipe up the drool (safety first!) and then I can move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment