Thursday, December 17, 2009

Aviators

Nina is right, of course: aviator sunglasses are cool. Tyler Durden wears them in Fight Club. Can’t get much cooler.

However, none of the aviator sunglasses I have seen actually suit me. They just don’t suit everyone. The classic shape looks terrible on my round face. I need squarer frames. Maybe I should try these?

Anyway, I’m dressing, not dressing up. I’m not trying to look like Angelina Jolie or Kate Hudson. I’m trying to look like me, cool or otherwise (mostly otherwise, admittedly). Does it matter how many movie stars wear them, or how many movies they’ve been in? None of that matters at all when it comes to putting the sunglasses on my face. Maybe wire-framed sunglasses are a Must, but not aviators in particular.

In My One Hundred, aviators are replaced with Big Black Sunglasses. Can’t go past those babies. They look good on the beach, at lunch, at a barbecue, and on top of your head pulling your hair back. They come in all different shapes, sizes and styles to suit your mood and your face. They let you look out without others looking in. They provide a little privacy when in public. They allow you to look cool, calm and insouicant.

Anna Wintour knows it.

Audrey Hepburn knew it.


Jackie Kennedy knew it.

Indispensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment