Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bangles

My jewellery storage is slowing taking over the dresser. I place the blame firmly at Nina’s ballet-flatted feet. I also blame Nina for my growing bakelite bangle collection. Bakelite bangle collection is an expensive habit to encourage. It’s almost criminal. I should be seeking compensation! Beware! And don’t bid against me on ebay!

One compensation is that the choice of bangles can make a fundamental change to an outfit. Think about wearing a white tee, blue jeans, black boots and:

« A single wide, bright turquoise bangle
« A large black, silver-studded bangle
« Ten (or more!) thin silver bangles
« Three chunky gold bangles.

Bangles can move you from classic to rocker to summery to luxe and back again with the flick of a wrist. The image of Nina running back to her old wardrobe to retrieve just that right bangle is definitely one I understand. Bangles make my One Hundred as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment