Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cowboy Boots

Nina might as well have listed “ugg boots”. I love a Cuban heel as much as the next girl, but cowboy boots have never, and will never, be a wardrobe staple for me. They hold no appeal to me whatsoever. To me, they look a bit silly stomping around the suburbs. They always look too big for their wearer if worn with a skirt. If you are a cowboy or spend time on farms, by all means wear them, or your pull-on Blundies or RM Williams’. If you’re not, then it’s a bit like the biker jacket – be careful that you’re not playing fashion-victim dress-ups, rather than dressing in a way that is authentically you.

I can’t think of what I’d substitute for cowboy boots in my One Hundred. I already have ankle boots, and they do me fine. Maybe my Camper Spiral boots?

1 comment:

  1. Boots yes, cowboy boots no. I'd love to see this woman's wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete