Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cuffs

Nina, Nina, Nina! Please! We don’t always agree, but when we do, you send me broke!!!

Since Nina introduced me to the exquisite wonders of Coco Chanel’s Verdura Maltese Cross jewel-encrusted cuffs, I’ve been on a bit of a cuff binge. Here are some I’ve acquired over the past few months.

Purchases, I might add, which are all Nina’s fault.

Cuffs can be delicate and glittery or chunky and architectural, classic or contemporary, subtle or outlandish. I’m trying to grab a bit of everything!

Cuffs DO work for me, adding drama and a bit of style to otherwise ordinary outfits.

The place where cuffs don’t work so well is in offices when I have to spend a lot of time at keyboards. They can be pretty noisy clattering against desks. If I insist on wearing them, I take them off at the computer, and put them on again at lunch or after work. It’s a bit of mucking about, but still worth it!

And I’m STILL lusting after Kenneth Jay Lane’s tributes to Mme. Chanel’s cuffs.

Oh, and this one:


Dammit.

2 comments:

  1. I like cuffs - most of the ones I have are fairly chunky tribal ones for dancing, and I don't really wear them out!

    ReplyDelete