Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Exotic Skin Bag

I like different textures, but reptilian patterns or embossing have never been my faves. I prefer brocade or embroidery or other interesting finishes like velvets or pleated silks or heavy weaves. It’s not due to any reptile phobia – I’ve held snakes and patted baby crocs and touched turtle fins no worries (turtles are cute!) – but there’s something a little icky to me about obvious “skin” accessories. They’re bold and exotic-looking, certainly, and they can boldly proclaim, “Look! I killed this and then cut its skin off and made it into a purse! Yay!”

I came across some eel skin clutches in my recent clutch search, and there was something about them which made my own skin crawl just the tiniest bit. Even the faux stuff doesn’t appeal to me, and there’s faux-croc everywhere you turn at the moment. If you like it, now is the time to grab as much of it as you can.

What’s wierd, is that for some reason fake fur doesn’t give me the same reaction. I don’t know why. I’m contradictory, I know!

I’ll stick with “exotic texture”, I think.

1 comment:

  1. I have an ostrich-skin weekender, and my dance bag is a variety of faux leathers (in red and olive). But really not a must at all!

    ReplyDelete