Monday, January 25, 2010

Cashmere Sweater

We (almost) agree on something again!

Before I bought my first piece of cashmere, I was sternly warned that it was a slippery slope and that I would not be able to go back to lambswool or merino. I would forever be a slave to the soft siren call of cashmere, deaf to all else, and broke besides.

While this hasn’t been 100% true, it’s been pretty close.

If you haven’t any bit of cashmere, then at least go and try something on somewhere. Cashmere is unbelievably light. It’s weightless warmth is ideal for a temperate winter, and it keeps its shape and finish incredibly well. It blends well with silk for lighter summer wear.

I don’t own a cashmere sweater, but I do own a couple of cashmere and cashmere-silk blend cardigans. Again, cardigans are my thing, not sweaters/jumpers.

Even goats like cashmere. Here is one looking especially fetching in a 100% cashmere winter number.
(Yes. This is a joke. But I do really, really like cashmere!)

1 comment:

  1. I have realised that I have bought a couple of merino pieces since my cashmere addiction. But cashmere really is the thing. I have 2 cashmere sweaters - the one I am wearing today is airforce blue with a v-neck.

    ReplyDelete