Saturday, January 30, 2010

Charm Bracelet

Sorry, folks, but I would be quite happy to never see another Pandora bracelet. They’ve become ubiquitous, they’re no longer unique. They all blend together and look the same. They make gift-buying easy, but a bit dull. I know Pandora has fans, but honestly, can anyone tell how “individual” each bracelet is from a polite distance? Are any of the beads so completely drool-worthy that people will ask you where you found such a beauty? Do you really treasure each and every piece and does each piece have special meaning for you? Or are you just collecting them because you need to fill your bracelet and everyone else is doing it?

Every bracelet is individual, yet somehow the same…

I think traditional charm bracelets will outlive the Pandora-type bracelet simply because they have more scope of size and design. I have a silver charm bracelet, but I really don’t wear it much – I find it a bit jangly and dangly for everyday wear. Nothing wrong with a bit of whimsy, mind, but I can’t abide my whimsy dragging over my keyboard all day.

I like traditional charm bracelets, but they don’t make My One Hundred. Bracelets and cuffs are enough!

1 comment:

  1. I also believe that my (and indeed my grandmother's and my cousin's) charm bracelet will outlast Pandora. Mine is so heavy it leaves ridges on my wrist, and I can only wear it in summer because it plays havoc with the cashmere.

    ReplyDelete