Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hoop Earrings

If you’ve missed the news –hoop earrings are back! And if you’ve really been missing the news, yes, they were out for a while, apparently.

However, refinement is the key to wearing hoops successfully, and I agree with Nina’s statement that, to paraphrase, large+thin=funky, small+chunky=sophisticated, large+thick=NO.

Hoops look great with jeans or cocktail dresses, and come in all sizes. I have a short neck, so there’s a limit to how big my hoops can be, and I like them either plain silver or with a row of diamonds (or closest fascimile!). They make a dramatic addition to your dress without any frou-frou or fussiness. I like ‘em. I should definitely wear them more!

1 comment:

  1. I like hoop earrings. Not ho-hoops, as I have heard them described, but smaller more refined ones. They are my faint nod to boho.

    ReplyDelete